Sunday, December 4, 2011

What could be the perfect Christmas?

As I sit here thinking about what would be the perfect Christmas I realize I already have much of it. Both hubby and I are still in good health. Da Boy is home. We have a roof over our heads, enough to eat, jobs and many luxuries like internet, cell phones and cable TV.

Now my fantasy Christmas would be much more. Outside the yard would be landscaped with lights and a large nativity scene. There would be full feeders for the birds, squirrels, rabbits and deer to thank them for all the enjoyment they give us. White icicle lights hang off the edge of the roof and on top it looks like Santa has gotten stuck in the chimney again since all you can see are his legs sticking out.

The house would be cleaned top to bottom. Something yummy would be in the oven waiting for company to come over. The tree sparkles with multicolored lights tempting Oliver the cat to climb it.

My mom arrives with my sister and her crew about the same time as hubby's family starts driving up. We are all laughing trying to figure out where all these cars are going to be parked.

The kids head outside to chase each other around the yard while the grownups watch. My arms almost ache because there is always another baby to hold and spoil. Of course my momma isn't much better setting over there in her rocking chair. She always did have a way with children.

Friends pop in to visit for a bit as they make their Christmas rounds. I look at the children's eyes sparkle as they tell me what Santa left for them.

As I watch all the people in my life laugh and interact I'm struck again at how blessed I am. Dinner is wonderful after the many helping hands with the cooking, serving and cleaning up. Hours later all the guest start departing and everyone is smiling while saying they had a really good time.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I have everything I dream of right here too! Ur blog looks great, I'll b back soon :)

    ReplyDelete