Friday, December 2, 2011

So what is that white stuff called snow?

After living in Florida for eight years, I've almost forgotten what it was like to have a white Christmas. Note the word almost. Snow, while beautiful to look at, means one thing to me, COLD. I don't 'weather' cold very well. Even thinking about it right now, sitting in a nice warm house with the temperature outside at almost 70 degrees, makes my bones ache.

My small family, on the other hand, is the opposite. Every time the Christmas season rolls around one of them mentions how much he would like to see snow again. I've told both of them more than once, they are welcome to go visit the family up in Iowa for Christmas, pointing out that there should be plenty of snow to enjoy during their vacation. I'll just stay here and take care of the pets. Still haven't had them take me up on the offer. They claim it's something about not being apart for Christmas.

With all that said, I do have a confession to make. I may not like snow in real life but I do have a fascination with snowflakes in my crafting. I haven't met a snowflake punch I haven't liked, nor paper,  nor pretty much any other snow themed product you can think of. Even though I try to restrain myself, I have loads of snow themed craft supplies. It's almost a sickness. Hmmm, maybe I DO miss the snow, just like my menfolk.

4 comments:

  1. Well, at least you can stay warm with your handcrafted snowflakes. Loved reading your post.
    http://scrapyourlife.net
    (go with the scrapyourlife link, not the blogspot one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow would be perfect if it wasn't so cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. snow flake punches are addictive and so are the snow flake die cuts. Sight. Cheery Lynn Designs has some fantastic small dies that are very detailed.

    ReplyDelete