Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sleepless night for Santa's helper

Sometime during the late 80's, I had to work until almost midnight on Christmas Eve. After getting off work, I gathered up my fur babies for the hour plus drive to my parents' house.  Since my sister was spending the night there, along with her family, it was decided, not by me, that I would be the one to play Santa's helper when I got home.

Of course, being the aunt, I had to go above and beyond. Not only did all the gifts get wrapped, per sister's instructions, but both nieces received a handmade Christmas card from Santa!

I swear, I had just fallen into bed when the girls started jumping on my bed yelling for me to get up and see what Santa brought! That was a L-O-N-G day, with the consumption of many cups of coffee but the sparkle in those girls' eyes was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment